Check out how we help save you money!
If you aren’t quite convinced that heat affects your car’s battery just as much as the cold, check out what the Car Care Council has to say...They stated in a recent report that the average life of a battery is 3 1/2 years - even shorter in warmer climates. That's because excessive heat and overcharging are the two main reasons for shortened battery life. And not only that, but the heat can cause battery fluid to evaporate, which in turn damages the structure of the battery.
With the spring & summer heat well on its way, it is a great time to make sure that your car’s battery is in tip-top condition. If you’re unsure, swing on by and we can take a look.
To get the most life out of a battery, consider following these suggestions:
- Be sure the electrical system is charging at the correct rate; overcharging can damage a battery as quickly as undercharging.
- If your battery is the type that needs to be topped off with fluids, check it regularly, especially with the warmer days ahead. Considering adding distilled water when necessary.
- Always replace a battery with one that's rated at least as high as the one that was originally placed in your vehicle.
- Keep the top of the battery clean. Dirt becomes an excellent conductor, which ultimately drains battery power. And it doesn’t stop there, corrosion can become an insulator which affects the current flow.
- Bring your car by the shop & have us take a look.
Deals, tips, event details and more
Get exclusive access to them all when you sign up for our newsletter